Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Original Composition Pt 2

Certain experiences mark the beginning of maturity. I have experienced this, but not in a huge way yet. After graduating from high school I will be pushed from the world I know into a much larger and more complex one.

I must now choose what i want to do for the rest of my life or how I want to at least start it. There is the option of going to school again, getting a job, or just taking the year off. For myself, I feel I wont want to go back to school if I do take the year off. It's a very expensive learning experience and I will have to work for it. During the summer's of the next few years, every cent I make will be put towards school. When I do this it will show a lot of maturity.

One influential event I have recently experienced over the break was my first speeding ticket. It drained the last bit of money I have and will bump up my insurance. I will now have to work even harder. It's a foolish mistake I was constantly warned about. It's now another lesson learned and will change the way I drive in the future. Punishment from mistakes can lead to learning and maturity. Also the next step in life is the biggest and it will impact my whole life. These experiences mark a growing maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment